September 27, 2007

Soda Springs... oh the memories!

If there is one great thing we Coons remember from our childhood, it is definitely stopping at Soda Springs on our way down to Bear lake! Cameron and I got to take a drive with my daddy about two months ago to check out an old church building that he was thinking about purchasing. We couldn't find the office of the people who own the building currently, so we weren't allowed to go inside. But we peeked through the windows and it is a really cool old building. I could see into the front room, it was HUGE. All hardwood floors... I just love old buildings. Grandma Dorothy and Grandpa Jo came with us so grandpa could check if the building was structurally sound. (In the picture, cameron is in orange, I'm in green, Grandpa i peeking through the door.) I think the building is a no go, -too many settling issues and the like- but it was fun spending the day down in Montpilier and Soda Springs.

We bid farewell to my grandparents,
who had to make it back down to Utah, and Dad, Cameron, and I continued our journey. Of course the first stop now was Hooper Springs, to have some delicious carbonated Kool-aid Unfortunately for us, dad had no Kool-aid so he tried to bring one of his health fiber drinks to try it out with the natural spring. As much as I appreciate my dads attempts to taste the sweet nectar of iron filled carbonated water from the springs, I couldn't bring myself to drink more than a few swallows of the now-clumpy fiber drink that was dripping with carbonation.

After tha
t it was off to the geyser. We waited around, reading the history behind the geyser, checking out the cool rock formations from years of smelly geyser water spray, and generally enjoying ourselves. Dad had Cameron and I stand to take a few pictures near the geyser, and of course Cameron had to show how close he could really get to the geyser (what a good looking man I married!)

On the drive home we listened to good tunes and talked about nothing in general. Memories like this are once in a lifetime!

2 comments:

Bon said...

Kat- I must admit- this blog had me bustin' a gut! I can totally picture dad trying to make his own concoction. Maybe next time adding dirt will make it taste better-hahaha
love ya
Your fav sis
Bonnie

Becca said...

Why does dad want to buy that building?