I am obsessed. A Twi-hard.
I must start at the beginning (a very good place to start.) In July 2007 A good friend of mine, Caitie Nalder, was at my house one random Sunday as she often is. Out of no where she took hold of my arm and dragged me into my living room. She pulled me to the floor so we were kneeling across from each other, then held both my hands while looking me square in the eyes. Then very slowly and very firmly she said "I have something very serious to talk to you about." (In my head I am running through a million different scenerios ready to play 'mommy Kate' once she told me what it was that had got her so desperate.) She then asked.......... "Have you read Twilight?"
I was confused, and told her I thought I had heard something in passing only a few days prior, but didn't think much of it. Still holding my gaze (and both of my hands) she said "No, you don't understand. You MUST read these books." I thought she may be going insane, but decided to humor her. I went out that week and read the first book. And that's when the addiction started.
Now I am obessed. A Twi-Hard as Cortney Demott would put it. I find myself often daydreaming about the characters in the book, analyzing strangers in town to see if they fit the description of a wareworlf or vampire, and I absolutely love when we have an overcast day, so I can feel as if I am in Forkes. You don't believe me? Check out this sweet homemade video made in our front room (compliments of my hubby Cameron). You want to see pathetically obsessed? You won't be disappointed.
And yes, we did submit this video to twilightthemovie.com to be considered to be in the second movie. Not that I think we'll be picked, but it was fun nonetheless. Thanks Cortney! I had a blast!
7 comments:
That is hilarious! Love seeing how much everyone else loves these books too. Your little guy is so dang cute!
One word: fa-reaky.
But I love you, Ietak, and I did laugh.
man we are amazing! haha totally need to do another one! its so funny to watch it becuase i think, man we should have done this or this or this! haha but we had fun! all that matters right?
I was laughing so hard. It was rather Freaky, but the icing on the cake was that glowing chess peice. May the force be with the two of you!
Wow that was awesome! I LOVE twilight. Am reading the 4th book!!!!
I admit I was a bit creeped out! But hey indo-glow lights and chess pieces are the new "thing" right? HAHAHAH! Thanks for the laugh!
Katie
Love the video that is so awesome. Don't we all become obsessed once we read them?
Post a Comment