A little more about tour... much to the jealousy of my oldest sister Rebecca... we got to watch a live show of "Wicked: The Untold Story of the Witches of Oz." If any of you have not seen this musical or
own the soundtrack I highly recommend both. The performance was fantastic and the soundtrack is as well. So, the whole choir (and us chaperones) went down to the 'Pantages Theatre' in Las Angeles. We took pictures out front, while eagerly awaiting the doors opening to see this show. Oh my goodness, the theatre is HUGE!!! There are carvings, statues, chandeliers, and grand staircases in the open foyer. Everything was bronzes, golds, and
brought a feel of a time from long ago. Once you follow the staircases as they twist up and around, you enter the actual theatre, that sits some 2700 people. We were up in the balcony, near the front, so they were pretty good seats.
I've never seen anything like it! I've seen a lot of live theatre, but nothing on such a grand scale. The acting was great, the singing was unreal, the lights and special effects magical, and I can't even begin to comprehend all of the mechanics that go into organizing, orchestrating, and managing the mechanics behind such an adaptable and elaborate stage.
It was truly something to see. It was just like reading a good book or watching a good movie on the big screen. For days after, it was all I could think about. Again, I HIGHLY recommend a trip to see it. It is soooo worth it. And after you take my advice and go see it, you will all be wishing you were "very, very popular... like me!" :) haha!
September 23, 2007
WICKEDly awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh boogs your popularity comes from training from your highly imaginative, fashionable, and very popular sister! Me! So I will thank myself for you and treat myself to a Big Mac-heehee- love ya Kat
Bonnie
Post a Comment