The sisters have been posting their christmas traditions, so I figured I would put the tradition Cameron and I have started. Each year, we buy eachother a christmas ornament we think is appropriate for that time in our lives, or for each others personalities. Below I have pictures of all three years and the ornaments that were given.
Year #1- Christmas 2005, one month married, and living in the underground house: They had this awesome new John Deere store in the mall. For those of you who know my husband, you know he is a little obsessed! I found the perfect ornament: a pewter John Deere sled with the engraving "Happy Holidays 2005." Cameron found the perfect ornament for me. I had been asking him for a really nice nativity set, and he bought me this gorgeous hand carved nativity ornament!
Year #2- Christmas 2006, living in the apartments I work at: This is the year I bought our adorable dog Boston (sadly we don't have him anymore.) I bought Cameron an ornament of our Boston Terrier so we would remember which christmas we got the dog. Cameron gave me this amazing willow wood ornament of the boy with his heart and on the tag it reads "you will always have my heart." kinda self-explanitory!
Year #3 Christmas 2007, This year in our new home: I was shopping in target and they had cute sparkly ornaments, red ones that said 'nice' and green ones that said 'naughty'. I could not stop laughing and decided it was the PERFECT ornament for my husband. Cameron found an ornament for me at he online Hallmark store, but when he went to the actual store in Idaho falls, they didn't have it. He was going to get me an ornament that had an old '54 chevy with a christmas tree behind it. (FYI, my dream truck.) Since they didn't have it he went with this fantastic 'Nightmare before Christmas' ornament- Tim Burton is a genius!
4 comments:
Oh Kat-lee- such wonderful traditions. I would be afraid to start that one in fear Beau would give me a precious moments ornament or something uncreative like that! HAHAH j/k
They have a cool John Deer blog layout at pyzam.com- thought I would let you know!
Love ya
Bon
P.S. That is a good tradition!!
I love that tradition and I wish Brandon and I would have done that. we would have had CONGRADS...on the new baby for the past four years and this year we probably would have no idea since there has been no babies.
hee hee hee
Love ay see you soon.
Have a Merry Christmas
Did Cameron tell you who he ran into at Hallmark? I love hearing about all of the fun traditions every does.
Post a Comment