December 16, 2007

Our FAKE Tree

It's a sad story but my husband convinced me to get a FAKE tree this year. I told myself I would never ever ever get a fake tree, that it was blasphemous. But as Cameron pointed out how even the lights are on the tree, that there are no pine needles to clean up, and that it comes with it's very own pre-made stand, my resolve crumbled, and I gave in.

I told him the only way I would go through with it is if he at least bought me a pine scented candle... I have yet to see or smell the wonderful aroma of a real christmas tree in our house, but we had fun decorating the tree anyway! And now my christmas tree is taken care of for quite a few years. We had a fun time taking pictures and setting up the tree. It's crazy that this is our THIRD christmas being married.

It seems like just yesterday we were sharing these memories in our little underground apartment, and now we are in our own home where we will make memories for years to come.

May your memories be wonderful this year. We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

5 comments:

Becca said...

Ooh, Katie, your tree is really pretty, even if it is a PHONY.

But why is the bottom picture stretched out? Did you want to make it look like you had way more presents than you do?

Love you, Boogs.

The Coonsters said...

Katie...YEAH for the FAKE tree. Although mine is fake too everyone has asked me where I bought my "REAL" tree. So I did good at making it at least look real. ha ha ha
Love ya Ali

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

i think we have all converted to fake trees! What can I say the Coon Family is saving the world little by little! Your tree looks so pretty!

Rivka said...

Boogs,

I love the John Deere hat. It's my fav! I think it should be your tree topper.

Riv

Bon said...

oh Kat-lee oooways giving in to the no smell, no real spirit givin', trees. Pocahontas would be so ashamed! HA!

It looks really beautiful Kate- good job!