I've always wanted to try Sushi, but never really put forth the initiative to find a sushi place and finally partake.
Luckily, the topic came up while we were at a super fun Christmas party at the King's house, and Chad King happens to be a 'Sushi Guru' (as his wife so said). A few days later, we got a call from the kings and they scheduled that Saturday for all of us to go the Blue Hashi to enjoy my first sushi experience. 
Now for those of you who know me, you know I am a VERY picky eater! Vegetables are a definite enemy, and I was nervous that I would have to gag my meal down. I had an appointment with my hair dresser earlier that day and I confided in her my fear of trying this raw uncooked cuisine, and she said two words "The Crunch." Upon further investigation she explained that is the sushi I should order. Well, the advice of my hair dresser has always been correct (her name is Indy and she is FANTASTIC)
, so that night I did as she said and I ordered the crunch. Delicious!!!
I tried every other plate, and really didn't like any of them. I couldn't get past the seaweed. I was trying to swallow, but the seaweed was trying to come up, so I just succeeded in getting it stuck in my throat. ugh! So for anyone who goes to the blue Hashi, try the
Crunch. It is delectable, and you cannot taste the slimy seaweed.
p.s. (the second picture is of me trying my first bite. Take a look at the expression on Sarah's face, she didn't think I would like my first taste of sushi!)
January 20, 2008
Sushi Delight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh goodie- finally a new update! I love your hair Kat! It looks fabulous! I miss you like crazy and am so excited to see you!
Bon
Yay for sushi!!! I am glad that it wasn't as bad as you thought and because you ordered the Crunch I found a roll that I will eat too. I had the same seaweed problem with all of the other rolls too. We need to get together again sometime!
I LOVE SUSHI!!!!!! We all need to go there! It's not fair that i have a picky eater of a husband! He is 100% a steak and potato guy!
Love it. Sorry guys, but Fayetteville has the best sushi place ever: The Rice Village. It alone is responsible for depleting my grocery budget every week during my entire pregnancy.
Post a Comment