My baby is here!!! Hooray! I cannot describe the feelings we have right now! So here is the breakdown:
I woke up at 8:00 like normal to some minor back pain. It went away quickly. About five minutes later I felt it again, and moved around a little in bed to get comfortable and it went away. Five minutes later I felt it again and then a light clicked on: wait a minute, these pains are coming at regular intervals. (haha, yeah, I'm a dork!)I timed my contractions for a while lying in bed and decided that would make the morning drag.
so I went about cleaning my already clean house (this last week has been major nesting: cleaning out vents, organizing a different closet each day, scrubbing baseboards, etc...). I completed the dishes and realized the contractions were about 3 minutes apart. I felt like a dork going in, because it wasn't really painful. I finally decided to call the on-call physician for my doctor about 10:45 AM and they told me to come on in.
so I went about cleaning my already clean house (this last week has been major nesting: cleaning out vents, organizing a different closet each day, scrubbing baseboards, etc...). I completed the dishes and realized the contractions were about 3 minutes apart. I felt like a dork going in, because it wasn't really painful. I finally decided to call the on-call physician for my doctor about 10:45 AM and they told me to come on in.I was at a 4 when I arrived and an hour later I was at a 6 already.
I walked around the hospital for quite a bit. My water broke at 2:00 P.M. and then I found out what a contraction really felt like!!! Oh my goodness! :) I handled the contractions pretty well for about an hour in a half. When I got to an 8 I decided I was not going to go natural (which I was planning originally). I got an epederal and Oh my goodness it was like heaven! Kudos to those of you who can go natural- you are amazing.
I walked around the hospital for quite a bit. My water broke at 2:00 P.M. and then I found out what a contraction really felt like!!! Oh my goodness! :) I handled the contractions pretty well for about an hour in a half. When I got to an 8 I decided I was not going to go natural (which I was planning originally). I got an epederal and Oh my goodness it was like heaven! Kudos to those of you who can go natural- you are amazing. At 5:37 my precious little boy arrived: Tebbin Brent Johnson. He weighs 6 lbs. 8 oz. and is 19 1/2 inches long. He's so tiny.
I thought for sure he would be bigger as I was due three days ago... but he is so precious- as you can see! I think he looks so much like his daddy! We are so excited to be parents and are so thankful for all your support and love through this labor! We love you!
I thought for sure he would be bigger as I was due three days ago... but he is so precious- as you can see! I think he looks so much like his daddy! We are so excited to be parents and are so thankful for all your support and love through this labor! We love you!
29 comments:
Congrats! We saw a picture yesterday but it was so nice to see the ones on here today, he's so cute! I'm glad tha everything went well and that little Tebbin in finally here. Well take care and get lots of rest and just ENJOY! We can't wait to see you all, we're so excited!
congratulations! he looks beautiful!! i cant wait to meet him!
I am soooooo excited for you, there is nothing more wonderful than the day your little baby is born. He is so cute and I am glad that everything went well with the delivery.
Oh my goodness. I don't think I can stand that I live so far away. I want to hold him and let him meet his favorite new Auntie Bonnie!! He is so perfect Katie and I hope you are feeling well. It is the neatest experience isn't it?
Congratulations! He is a very cute little boy. Hope all is well!
Love,
Shane & Sarah
congratulations!!!he is adorable!!!
Congratulations! He is a cute baby. I'm glad everything went okay for you.
so adorable! Good work you two!! so Fun!! Well congrats and I hope all is well for you all as you start your new little adventure!!!
CCongratulations!!!! I am so excited for you. If you need anything let me know!
He is so Adorable! I am so glad it went well! Good for you for making it to an 8 natural!!
oh Katie and Cameron I'm so excited for you. I'm jealous, I love holding babys that tiny, Ani was a 6 pounder too- Enjoy the tinyness... seriously, I look at my almost one year old and cant believe she was ever that little. oh...I'm so glad you have a blog so I can see him. btw.. isnt it awesome not being pregnant anymore? I seriously snickered every time I saw a pregnant lady for like two months after I had Ani. ConGRATS!!!
Yay baby is here! He is a cutie. I love all that hair! Hopefully he won't lose any of it. It sounds like things went smoothly. That is great! Thanks for sending us a pic. We are very excited for you guys! Glad that you were able to go on your own.
Congrats you guys! Your baby is such a cutie! Glad everything went well!
~Sam and Clarissa Satterfield
congrats! He is handsome. I am glad everything went ok for you guys!
hallah! kat i am so excited for the both of yoU! yeah! he is a doll! (:
Wow, what a cutie! Congrats!
Congrats! He's beautiful!
He is sooo cute. Congrats. Hope all is well.
Angie Madsen
Oh he is so sweet, I could have held him all night had it not been for my own screaming kids and the messy diaper...Sorry about the aroma in you r nice room. I am so happy for you guys although we already miss movie night!
Yea! I'm so excited for you both. He is precious. Congratulations! Take care
Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy!!
He's adorable! Congratulations!
Valerie McBride
Welcome to the wonderful world of parenthood. He is a handsome guy. You three have a wonderful journey ahead. Congratulations to both of you.
Love Ya,
Lori
Congratulations! I am so excited for you. Being a mom is the most rewarding job you will ever do. I look forward to meeting him.
Yeah! I love you and I can't wait to meet Little Tebby! Like Littel Debbie's friut cake
Love Ali
Congratulations! Carsen is so excited that his teachers finally had their baby-he thinks Tebbin is cute and wants to bring you over a card in a few days or so! We are all happy for you, glad things went well!
Congrats! He is perfect! I'm so happy for you guys!
Congratulations!! I am so incredibly excited for you guys!!
Hey Guys! Congratulations on your little Guy! I got pictures emailed ftom Grandma P. He is adorable!
Judy Pasley
Post a Comment