So I've had a lot of people ask if the baby is here yet, I mean, I am due TOMORROW! Nope... no baby yet! And apparently he does not want to come out. I thought I'd be like all the rest of my sisters and go into labor approximately 2 weeks before I was due. No such luck! My Dr. informed me on Monday that I have a 'stubborn cervix.'
I am going to the Dr.'s tomorrow morning to see if there has been any progress... and they have tentatively set my induction date for next Tuesday, the 14th (5 days AFTER my due date.) I don't want to be induced. I am not scared of going into labor, I know it'll be the worst pain I've ever been in... but hey, I get a baby out of it. But I am scared of being induced.
And trust me, I have tried everything they tell you to do to 'naturally' go into labor at home.... and I do mean everything. Well... everything except castor oil, I don't think there is anything 'natural' about making yourself extremely sick to go into labor... I just can't bring myself to do it even though I've had many of my friends and family swear by it.
But as my due date is arriving and my induction date draws closer I keep thinking, maybe it's not a bad idea? What do you think?
October 08, 2008
Where's the Baby?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
I was thinking about you guys today and then you left a cute comment on my blog! I can't believe you're due tomorrow, crazy! I probably wouldn't try the castor oil, but that's just me. Then again, I've never been pregnant and won't be for a while, so I don't know how much my opinion counts! ha ha Good luck this week with all the baby fun! I just love you guys!
Your house looks awesome! I love it! I am so glad you are blogging again. I have been wondering what's going on with the baby. Hopefully you will go naturally, but Jennifer was induced on both her boys deliveries and she didn't have any problems. Good luck either way. I missed the fair. :( It always falls during the time of move-ins at our apartment complex. Maybe next year we will be done with this job and get to go. Here's to hoping! Take care. ;)
Don't do it! Yuck. Plus you might get sick. Labor is tough enough without being sick too. I hate to say it, because it is not want you want to hear...but just wait. Good luck! I really hope everything goes well for you. I hope you go into labor tonight! ;)
We tried everything to get Hadley out, (NOTHING WORKED) and then she came the day after my family left, that was pretty annoying! Have you had your doctor strip your membrane? That has worked for me a couple of times so that might be worth a try, atleast then you wouldn't have to get induced. It's funny how different siblings can be anyway. I always go qutie early but my sister is always late so you never know!
ive been wondering. come out baby!! dont worry it will happen! im so excited to see pictures!
Being induced is nothing to be scared of (I can say that now, because I'm a veteran) but it was great because nothing was a surprise and the hospital had all my paperwork and room ready - no rushing to the hospital or any of that. To be honest it really wasn't painful or anything like that kinda long, but that's about it. I was induced on my due date because my 8 1/2 lb kid was killing my back, but I wouldn't worry too much babies tend to come on their own schedule, if you're late it's no biggie.
I totally know how you feel, when you just have to wait and wait and wait. Everyday seems like forever. I also had an induction date set with Garrett but he decided to finally come on his own. I hope that everything goes well no matter what happens.
Oh yeah and all of your projects look great we will have to come and see them sometime.
Oh I am sorry. They would not induce labor with me until I was 13 day overdue when I was pregnant with Austin it was the longest 13 days my life. The wait was so worth it!! I will keep my fingers crossed that you go into labor soon!! What a wonderful adventure you are about to begin!
I went a week over with Tydon and was a lot like you, I didn't want to be induced. I wasn't too uncomfortable yet, so it was ok. I'm happy he came when he was suppose to. Say a little prayer :)
I hope u go in to labor before Tuesday. I was induced with all four pregnancy. I so wanted my last child to be natural. I had no problems with being induced. Please keep us up to date during the week. Love u & hope to hear more soon.
Being induced work great for me too! I was convinced that I really didn't want to be induced, but now I can't imagine why. Good Luck!!
You could always try jumping on a trampoline or something. You know, shake the little guy loose. Or find out what his least favorite food is and eat lots of it. It works for unwanted guests anyway.
I was induced with all 3 of my kids and I would do it all over again. I hope you enjoy your peace and quiet before the baby comes!!!
I went one day early and was scheduled to be induced on my due date with Savanah. I was scared also to be induced, so I prayed I wouldn't have to be. My water broke the day before the induction. So say a good pray! Things will work out how they are suppose to!!
My goodness.. that's crazy it's time for little baby Johnson to come! :)Love the projects you've been doing and hope everything goes well with the labor! Can't wait to see pictures! :)
Hey Katie! I never had to do the caster oil..I had twins so they came early anyways! My sister has done it with all three of hers though. She SWEARS by it! She didn't get sick from it at all actually. If I was in your situation, I would SO do it!! I also want to try and tell you not to worry about induction. We went to the hospital on our own because of some unusual pelvic pain I'd never experiences before. But, they did have to break my water and put me on pittosum (SP?). I didn't feel them break my water at all! If you've already had your cervix checked, the induction was WAY less painful than the checking of the cervix! Good luck!! Have a happy day! Lataz~Love always, Kasey
Love the post, feel for ya though! Castor Oil pretty much cleaned me out if ya know what I mean, and tasted nasty!!! End result no baby, but I was cleaned out for delvery TEE! HEE!As much as I want to meet your little man I am really going to miss seeing your cute tummy when you visit. You are still to date the cutest pregnant girl I have ever seen. I am just sitting here waiting for the "good news" phone call. Good Luck!
Post a Comment